5.17.2008

Pesto Chicken

Ingredients:
1 cup artichoke hearts
1 cup diced red peppers
1 lb chicken, cooked & chopped
2 Tbsp pine nuts
1 cup pesto sauce
1 lb pasta

Directions:
Cook pasta. Drain. Cook & chop chicken. Put pasta, chicken, & all other ingredients in a bowl and mix together.

Prep time: about 1/2 hr if you cook the pasta & chicken (not frozen) at the same time (in separate pots of course) and then do your chopping while waiting

Source: my sister Amberly

My variation: I don't measure any of the ingredients. Instead, do one chicken breast per person (and boil it) and about a half a bag of pasta (I would stick with bow ties or penne). I leave the red pepper as big chunks and quarter the artichoke hearts. The last time I made this I used artichoke hearts that came marinated in parsley, garlic, oregano, sunflower oil, and olive oil. It gave the meal extra flavor and was delicious! I've also added mozzarella cheese when serving. Add pesto sauce to taste (adding a little at a time while mixing). When eating left-overs, you'll want to add a bit more pesto as it tends to soak into the food over time.

Vegetarian style: This pasta dish would be delicious even without the chicken!

Marcos' rating: 8.5-9

No comments: