2.26.2009

Fried Rice

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced meat (ham, bacon, beef, steak)
2 eggs
salt
pepper
soy sauce
oil

Directions:
In frying pan with a little oil, put onions, meat, celery, and carrots. Fry. Add rice. Season with salt, pepper, and soy sauce. When rice is almost done frying, form a hole in the middle of the pan with the rice & veggies surrounding it. Crack 2 eggs & put in center of pan. Stir in the center until scrambled. Then mix eggs with rice.

It served two of us for dinner and there's about 1/2 plate-worth left for someone's lunch tomorrow.

Preparation time: 15 minutes for chopping (you want to make sure the carrots & onions are quite thin) + time to cook rice before frying (I used a rice cooker and then let it cool a bit before frying)

Source: My mom

Variations: I don't put in any diced meat. And my pan is too small so I do half at a time.

Marcos' Rating: 10

I'm saying this is a "no big deal" dish. However, it was nice to have an extra set of hands when I first added the rice so Marcos could season with salt & pepper & soy sauce as I mixed. And then I had him crack the egg for me. But really, you can do it all on your own. It's mostly just chopping & then stirring.

No comments: