11.27.2009

Candied Yams

Ingredients:
6 large bright orange sweet potatoes
1 lb. dark brown sugar
1 stick butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp salt

Directions:
Wash and peel potatoes. Chunk potatoes into 2-in disks. Put potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Add salt & sugar to potatoes and water. Cover. Boil until potatoes are fork tender (approx 30 mins). Drain potatoes. Put potatoes in a baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Dot potatoes with butter. Bake for 20 mins on 350F. Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to oven. Bake until marshmallows are brown.

Prep Time: 15 mins (for peeling and chopping)

Source: www.cook.com

Variations: I used 3 sweet potatoes and light brown sugar (instead of dark). Then I didn't measure anything. I just put in however much I wanted.

Marcos' Rating: This year he made these for me while I was making something else. But he didn't eat them so he has no rating.

No comments: